This institution is provisionally approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education to offer degree programs. To continue to offer this degree program, this institution must meet the following requirements:
• Become institutionally accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, with the scope of the accreditation covering at least a one-degree program.
• Achieve accreditation candidacy or pre-accreditation, as defined in regulations, by July 1, 2017, and full accreditation by July 1, 2020.
If this institution stops pursuing accreditation, it must:
• Stop all enrollment in its degree programs, and
• Provide a teach-out to finish the educational program or provide a refund.
An institution that fails to comply with accreditation requirements by the required dates shall have its approval to offer degree programs automatically suspended.
The applicant for admission must submit a complete application packet to The Admissions Office,
California International University
3130 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90010 USA.
Once the Admissions Office receives the complete application packet, it will process the application promptly. For students who are accepted, CIU will normally mail the acceptance letter and related documents within two weeks of the date that the complete application packets is received by CIU. The application packet should include all the items listed below:
1. A completed application form.
The applicant can download the application form at the link listed below, print it out, complete it by hand, and return it to us with the application packet (or submit it electronically and then send everything else listed below by regular mail): Online Student Application Form
2. Official transcripts from previous academic work, along with English translations of these transcripts.
Transcripts issued from schools or universities outside of the United States must be evaluated by the Credentials Evaluation Service for comparability to regionally-accredited schools in the United States. A $185.00 non-refundable fee is required for the evaluation and is listed in item 5 below.
3. TOEFL or IELTS score.
For admission to the Bachelor’s program, a TOEFL score of at least IBT 45 or and IELTS score of at least 4.0 is required. For Full admission to the Master’s program, a TOEFL score of at least IBT 61 or an IELTS score of at least 5.0 is required. Provisional admission may be given to students with minimum TOEFL score of IBT 45 OR IELTS score of 4.0. Students who have been given a provisional admission due to their TOEFL or IELTS score will be required to pass two quarters of English composition, in addition to their required courses.
4. Brief Statement of Purpose, explaining why you would like to study international business at California International University.
International Transcript Evaluation Fee*……………$185
Total Fees Due at Application…………………………$1,185
* If applicable. This fee is for an outside service to evaluate transcripts from universities outside the U.S.
**This is one half of the first quarter’s tuition and will be applied toward the first quarter’s tuition. In the event that the student’s visa is denied, this deposit will be refunded to the student.
6. Copy of passport and copy of visa and copy of I-94 if the student is already in the U.S.
7. Certified letter from Bank confirming account balance for sponsor
8. One passport-sized photos
9. Optional: If an applicant wants CIU to send his/her letter of acceptance by express mail, he/she should include an express mail fee of $65.00. This is an optional fee.